Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fantastka videos

FINALLY, I have struck gold!!!

Annie's mother was Fantastka, the Polish National Champion Senior Mare in 1985
FANTASTKA #373599 (Palas x Fanza, by Chazar) 1975 grey mare; imported to the US 1985 by Bob & Betsy Magness/ Magness Arabians

and I have the video footage to show it! She was the highest scoring horse that day. She's the white mare in the footage first showing up about 4:28. She does remind me very much of Annie, with her delicate femininity, long swan neck, and light trot. Two of the stallions mentioned are Palas and El Paso; both are Annie's grand sires.



Fantastka was sold the next day for a cool $240,000 as a ten year old!!! She was in foal at the time and was imported to the USA by Magness Arabians where she became one of the top broodmares in his large breeding farm in Colorado. He had a breeding/racing program and I believe Annie was destined for the racetrack. Unfortunately, Mr. Magness passed and much of his prized herd was liquidated, including Annie, which was fortunate for me because I got Annie!



This final video is sort of a promo for the Polish Prestige Sale. Fantastka features in it as well.

4 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

How cool is that!!! Beautiful!!!

Achieve1dream said...

That is so cool!!! She is gorgeous! I love hearing more about Annie. :D

Unknown said...

I have a Fantastka mare that we are selling for a friend.

If you know of someone looking forward this to them...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/grd/4084464529.html

Unknown said...

I have a friend that needs to sell her Fantastka mare that was bred by Gary and Shelley Magness.

If you know of anyone that is looking please forward this to them... Thank you...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/grd/4084464529.html