Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday (11-15-09 Fins, Feathers, and Fur)

This week's Sunday Stills photo challenge is Fins, Feathers, and Fur!

I was at WalMart the other day and this tree was in the parking lot. I was impressed with the yellow leaves against the blue sky. Then I noticed all the big black birds in it.
Can you see the birds? I think there were five or six!What kind of bird are they? They're all over the parking lot!
I haven't taken photos of my cats for a while. Here's Simba from last night.

And here's Daisy snoozing.

Okay, so I cheated on this last one! I took this photo at our local aquarium a few months ago.


So here's a poor photo of one of my very own fish. For more sunday stills, please visit here.

Sunday - song: Sunday, artist: David Bowie, album: Heathen

11 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Here in Texas we call those black birds Crackles--pronounced crac like croc but with the "a" sound. And the rest like "hulls." Of course that could just be the way we say it. LOL
crac-hulls. We have them by the tree full and wire line full in our parking lots too! The tree is beautiful with that color! Nice pet photos and you did get some fins! :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great pics ,I love the beautiful colors of the leaves, even with the fat crows!

Dan and Betty said...

Neat photos. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Meadowsweet said...

Daisy and Simba look like they have a hard life...NOT!
Love the birds in the tree.

Ed said...

Still cool shots, I lov ethe birds in the yellow tree, I think they are common Grackles..:-)

Anonymous said...

very nice bright contasting colours in the bird photos :D

Jessica said...

Very nice photos! The black birds in the trees are great and what's better than catching a snoozing animal. So peaceful and sweet.

CTG Ponies said...

Great pics!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Thanks for all the comments, everybody.
I do think they are Grackles, thanks!

Andrea said...

Oh we call those Magpies. If that is right? What is with walmart and having those black birds in their parking lots? They are in every walmart parking lot!! LOL!!! Maybe walmart moves them in when they build a store!! ha ha ha!

Train Wreck said...

Great shots. Your Simba looks like my Judge! lol I had to take a second look:)