Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday (11-8-09 Currency)

I wasn't going to do this challenge because I thought it would be too hard. Then I just said "the heck with it" and gave it my "two cents" worth. ;)

This is all that's left in my Honey Bear BankHere's some dollars! Notice the Cayman one dollar bill? The Cayman Islands are part of the British West Indies. They use all American currency: dollars, quarters, nickels, pennies, and dimes, but with British rulers pictured, like the Canadians. Cayman currency is worth more than American. I didn't have any Canadian dollars, which is worth less than American.
I love this bank! It's cast iron and VERY HEAVY!! I bought it in the El Paso airport and carried it home with me. Yes, on the airplane, as a carry on package. Good thing there wasn't a weight limit in those days! He's a bit dusty since he sits by my fireplace. I think he's full of quarters too.
Here's some funny money and collector's coins.
How about a special issue "Bowie" 10 pound note?
Or a Bowie dollar?
Here is some foreign money.I like "horsey" money but unfortunately all my money goes for horses!
For more Sunday Stills check here!


Sunday - song: Sunday, artist: David Bowie, album: Heathen

8 comments:

Ed said...

Very cool!! love the Bowie pound..:-)

flowerweaver said...

I think you have a great selection of currency there! The Bowie pound is outrageous! Love your old banks, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to participate as you had a great selection. :) Nice job.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I liked them all but especially the horsey coins and the horsey butt.

gtyyup said...

Bowie currency...what will they think of next! Loved your horsey money too!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

All your money goes into your horses, and Scout looks like he's got coins on his hiney.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Thanks!
In regards to the Bowie pound note- yes, I do have almost everything Bowie related!! Of course, these were fan made but he actually thought about starting a banking/credit card thing awhile back except the names Bowiebanc and Bank of Bowie were already taken. ;)

Anonymous said...

haha i really enjoyed your post & your 'two cents worth' ;)
awesome job