Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bowie video day (Fantastic Voyage- 2004 Reality tour)

Fantastic Voyage is one of my favorite songs by David Bowie. I even named my blog after this song. hehee. My blog is also named after my Arabian mare, Fantastyk Gal, Annie. I had to keep the tradition going so I named Yalla! FantastyKheema after her grandmother, Fantastka, and her grandfather, Khemosabi.

This week, I present you with a video from the 2004 Reality tour. My husband and I played groupie and followed him on tour to three concerts that year. Well, I played groupie and he tagged along. lol. I bought tickets to the Joint in Las Vegas and to Phoenix. Then when another concert was announcded in Las Vegas, I bought tickets for that one too. I sold my Phoenix tickets on ebay because it was 29th row and I decided that would be too far back. Then I found tickets on ebay for the 10th row in Phoenix and had to buy those. We made two weekends of it- going to Las Vegas the first weekend and then Phoenix and Las Vegas two nights in a row on the second weekend. I don't regret it a bit and I think my husband really enjoyed the trips and concerts too. Who doesn't like going to Las Vegas?

A few months after our concerts, Bowie had a heart attack and surgery and now he is pretty much retired, living in New York with his beautiful wife Iman and their little girl. I seriously considered giving Yalla! the name Iman except that I wasn't sure if she was going to be dark or gray in color. I thought she needed to be tall, dark, and beautiful to have a name like Iman. Anyway, here is Fantastic Voyage. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sounds like a fun couple of weeks! My hubby is pretty stressed right now ,and I am looking into a few vacation packages for us

Achieve1dream said...

We were told Zeppelin was two years old when we got him last year, so I'm assuming he'll turn three this spring sometime. :) I don't know his exact birthday though. I'll have to pick one. :) Maybe he can share Chrome's birthday to make it easier.