I have been thinking about joining the blog world for quite some time now. I don't know if I'm yet ready to begin, but here goes...
About myself; I work full time, go to school part time, have 3 children: boy, 22; girl, 19; and boy 17; 3 horses: Nadia, Annie, and Scout, 3 dogs: Gunnar, Daisy, and Buddha, 2 cats: Simba and Terra, and fish.
I thought I would start with some general questions to myself:
1. Favorite actors/actresses? Johnny Depp, Viggo Mortensen, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeifer
2. Favorite Authors? Robert Jordan, Laura Crum, Iris Johanson
3. What’s your favorite pasttime? jigsaw puzzles and sudoku
4. Favorite musician? BOWIE! Vampire Weekend, Muse, Secret Machines, Lou Reed, Dylan, lots, lots more. I love music, rock, classical, indie, ambient...
5. Sports? HORSES, hiking, backpacking, canoeing.
6. Favorite sounds? music, birds, running water, wind in the trees, crickets, silence
7. Worst feeling in the world? Loss of loved one
8. First thing you think of in the morning? "Buddha, let me sleep a little longer."
9. How many rings before you answer the phone? I usually answer right away.
10. Words to live by? "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Always has to be chocolate, especially dark.
12. Do you like to drive fast? I generally set my cruise control 3-4 miles over the speed limit and turn the music up; didn't get a ticket until last year -didn't use cruise. ;(
13. Lark or Owl? Both, I always get up early and often stay up late.
14. Storms, cool or scary? Both, I like to drive in the rain, but in severe storms, I prefer to just go to sleep under the covers.
15. What type was your first car? A 1974 Vega hatchback, white with wide orange stripe.
16. Favorite foods? Ice cream, pizza, salad, cherries, chocolate, mexican with green chili.
17. Favorite color? Yellow.
18. If you could choose health, wealth or happiness, which would you choose? Definitely, happiness!
19. Is the glass half empty or half full? I try to think it's half full, but people accuse me of being a pessimist.
20. Favorite movies? Ladyhawke, The Great Race, August Rush, Benny and Joon, Lord of the Rings, Zoolander, Willow, The Rose, and many, many more.
Why did I pick Fantastyk Voyage as my blog name? One of my favorite songs from David Bowie is Fantastic Voyage. And, for my horse, Annie; her real name is Fantastyk Gal. We have been together for over ten years now, so I thought it fitting to use her name. I intend to post a lot about her in the future.
Fantastic Voyage - Bowie (2003 Reality in Dublin)