Sunday, July 19, 2009

scraps on the cutting room floor


Sydney at Bitless Horse, Science vs Tradition has scrapped me.
The rules are: you must tell 10 things to your readers that they don't know. Okay, here goes:



  1. I'm a packrat. I find it hard to get rid of things, especially if they are worth anything. I wish my fairy godmother would come into my house and remove lots and lots of stuff without my knowledge.

  2. I am a third child and the baby of the family. I believe this comes with privileges. You fall into a lot of good things by being the baby. I always found that if I didn't challenge my parents, I'd get more than my fair share. In high school, I got my brother's car because he joined the military. I didn't especially want or need it...but who am I to complain? I had to make payments on it, but it was definitely a good deal...

  3. until the engine blew out on it. It was a '74 Vega with an aluminum block. It had about 65,000 miles when the engine went out. Jeez, they don't make em like that anymore. Thank the Lord. I will never forget when it happened. I was visiting a horse out of town with my friend and we still had to drive about 15 miles home after it happened. Some of that was freeway and some of it was uphill. I couldn't go faster than 15 mph, but it got us home!

  4. I go to movies alone. Well, maybe you did know, because of my Moon post. I went to my first movie alone a few years back, Insomnia, with Al Pacino. I remember because it was a big scary deal for me. Now, I don't mind at all.

  5. I love popcorn cooked in the big popcorn machines. That's probably why I like going to the movies, to smell the popcorn. I buy big bags of popcorn and eat all the really yellow, buttery ones. Then, I throw the rest to the birds. I even like the popcorn flavor jelly bellies.
  6. I had rose tinted glasses when I was a little girl. I hated them.

  7. I love David Bowie! Well, maybe you knew that already. I worry that he has retired now and we will not get any more music from the man. It's been 6 years since his last album and 5 years since his heart problems.

  8. I am allergic to both dogs and horses. However, I believe that by being around them so much I have developed an immunity so that I am not as bothered by them.

  9. I want to publish a book. I have actually written one! It's about canoeing down the Green River. Now I just need to get it published!

  10. I don't know how to change a tire. I had a flat at school the other day. I called security to help me change it and a gentleman stopped over and offered to do it for me. Although I told him that Security was coming, he said he didn't mind and proceeded to change it for me in the broiling hot sun. I thanked him but I never got his name or offered him anything. Boy, do I feel bad about that! And Security never did show up. Chalk that up to #2 and being used to having things done for you!
Anyway, there's 10 things you didn't know about me (and probably didn't care to know). Okay, so now I need to pass it on to a few others:

Michelle at Galloping Grace Youth Ranch

Dan at Dan and Betty's Place

Stacey at Behind the Bit


scraps on the cutting room floor - song: Maid of Bond Street, artist: David Bowie, album: Early Songs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

=D Thanks so much for participating. Lots of fun.
I think the guy changing your tire you should put it into a pay it forward and do something nice for someone else having trouble.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. There needs to be more random acts of kindness in the world.