Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Recently, I was given the Stylish Blogger Award from Honeysuckle Faire. Thank you! I have enjoyed reading about your journeys with your boys, Pie and Sovereign. You remind me of my first horsie hero- a  college student who had two OTTB Thoroughbred boys. She helped me a lot with my English riding on my young TB mare when I was a teen and she was my barn neighbor.



There are 4 duties to perform when receiving this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!


I am thrilled to receive the award. Here are 7 facts about me:


1. I have grown more assertive and outspoken as I grow older but I am still basically a wallflower. I am the person nobody really notices in a crowd. I tend to keep my feelings to myself.


2. I have an ancient wardrobe of clothes. Seriously, I think all my dresses are from the eighties! I haven't changed sizes much during my life so I continue to wear the same old clothes- mid length hems are ageless, I've found. I have one dress, a royal blue corduroy shirt dress with snaps down the front, that every single time I wear it, someone complements me. I wear it with a concho belt and suede boots and I really do look good!


3. I had straight, straight hair as a little girl. As a teenager, I tried to get curls but every time I permed my hair, it went frizzy. Then, I found out my hair was naturally wavy and was being over-processed. Now, I wear my hair in varying lengths of short and let it do whatever it wants. Seriously, I wet my hair down every morning, run a brush through it, styling it as much as I can in about 5 minutes, then never touch it again all day.


4. I can get ready in about 10 -20 minutes. This usually includes a shower, getting dressed, putting on make up,and  styling my hair.


5. I am not artistic. I like to cross stitch only so that I can pretend I've created something. That's why I like doing jigsaw puzzles too, pretending I've made the picture myself.


6. I found my scent. I wear Obsession every day and people are always telling me how good I smell. I still worry about putting on too much because I can't smell it on myself but I've decided it's okay. Just the other day, I was walking into a movie looking for a seat in the dark and a woman reached out to me as I passed her. I wondered what I'd done. She just wanted to tell me that she thought I smelled good. Strange! Still, I made sure not to sit next to her. lol. When the time comes, I guess I should be buried with my blue dress and a bottle of Obsession.


7. I love traveling. If I could afford it, I would quit work and just travel the world. I'm an easy packer- one gym bag works for a week, and I really don't care much about accommodations- a tent, cabin, hotel, whatever. I've even considered sleeping in the car if I needed to.


Gosh, I'm not really sure how Stylish I am. I definitely don't care what others think! But there you go, at least seven things about me that you never knew before. I will find it very hard to name fifteen bloggers who haven't received this award already so I just want to pass it on to any of my readers. (I might have fifteen... on a good day. ;) )

7 comments:

Achieve1dream said...

I've already had the award, but thanks! And congrats on receiving it. :)

You picked seven really interesting things! It was fun to read. I'm hoping I get more assertive as I get older because I really dislike being a pushover. :)

I can get ready in ten or twenty minutes if I don't wash my hair (put it in a bun and try to keep it out of the water when I shower). My hair takes forever to wash and dry because there's so much of it lol. I like to wash it at night because otherwise it's wet allllllll day.

I wish I could pack like you do lol. I love to travel but I tend to over think everything and obsess about every little detail lol. I guess I just need to learn to relax. :)

Anyway fun list! :)

Dan and Betty said...

Yep, one of the benefits of getting older is not caring as much what people think about you.

Congrats.

Dan

cdncowgirl said...

I loved your 7 things :)

juliette said...

Absolutely fantastic list! I didn't peg you as a wallflower. Your music and your live you dash gadget - I thought you were wild! LOL!
That is so cool about the perfume. I have trouble finding the perfect scent because I am a bloodhound and all perfume is too strong.
It is fun to really get to know everyone with these awards.

I will look for you traveling in the future with your blue corduroy dress in your gym bag!

Tammy Vasa said...

I can just envision the corderoy dress & love it!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

How I wish I could still wear my size 4 jeans from the 80s. sigh. You always look cute in your clothes, that's true.

I found my scent years ago. It's called Lutece, but it's next to impossible to find anymore. :(
About 17 years ago, John bought me
a bottle of Samsara and that has been my scent until I find my beloved Lutece again.

We have #7 in common. Letterboxing just adds even more incentive for me. I'm itching for a road trip soon...

~Lisa

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Love to read fun things about my fellow bloggers. I'm pretty quick at getting ready too and I wish I could travel more:)