Sunday, September 18, 2011

Meet Skyy

Last year, my daughter acquired Sandy. Last week, she acquired Skyy.
We're not sure how old she is but she can't be more than a couple months, at the most. She loves to play and sleep and eat and pee and poo, and not in that order. We crated her the second night, after she went my daughter's bed the first night, and she cried practically the whole night, wanting to be let out of the crate. I gave strict orders to the kids not to give in to her, no matter what. Next night, she didn't cry so much, and then by the third night, she went right to sleep. By day, she must be taken outside constantly or she has accidents all the time, everywhere. I convinced the kids to keep her on a leash so that we can control her more. I've read that she has about an hour of bladder control for every month old she is. Of course, every time she wakes up she has to be walked...and every time she eats or drinks...and, well, you get the idea. She is very good about going once she is outside. Several times, I've caught her in the act and she'll finish outside, so hopefully, it won't be too terribly long before she is fully house broken. It's funny, the day before she came, I was looking at carpet samples, ready to do the house. Boy, I'm glad I didn't!


She's about twelve pounds and growing like a weed. I swear I can see her growing! I'm not sure how big she's going to get but my best guess is around 35-45 pounds. Sheila says she's Australian Shepherd crossed with something? Anyone care to guess??
Oh, and she chews on everything! We bought her some rawhides and she loves them. Between those, and the old dog toys we have laying around the house, I sure hope she stays away from the shoes and furniture.

I'm not so sure about having another dog after losing Buddha but she sure is a cutie! Unfortunately, Sandy is feeling rather jealous of her. Sheila keeps saying that she doesn't need to keep her- that she can give her back, but I seriously think she is here to stay. This is one of the reasons why I haven't posted about her previously. I guess time will tell.

14 comments:

Daisy said...

I saw the thumbnail of this ADORABLE puppy and clicked on your post so fast I practically left a trail of smoke!!
I. AM. IN. LOVE!!!!!!
One Dalmation ear ~ Aussie eye/other-ear patch and JRT face shape!! And FILLED with fun and shenanigans!!

Shirley said...

Now that is sure a cute little pup! Sounds like you have her on a good training program.

Jeni said...

Adorable! Simply Adorable!

Mikey said...

Adorable is right!! I love her!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

She's so pretty! And she's black and white like your Buddha.

~Lisa

Dan and Betty said...

Oh she's there to stay. You can bet on it.

Dan

cheyenne jones said...

Hi Skyy!..........Cute.

Jen said...

Who could resist such an adorable little face? Love the patch - she's just precious :o)

Unknown said...

Girlfriend, it's all over but the spaying. :)

Adorable, and a wonderful name to boot. Besides, I can tell she's a Bowie fan :D

Dreaming said...

Awwwww, she's a cutie pie, for sure! She sounds really smart and trainable - you'll have that new carpet in not time!!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Oh my what an adorable pup! Makes you smile:)

Just Ramblin' said...

She is adorable! Those 'newborn' stage type days will fly by and it will seem like pretty low maintenance after that. What a keeper! : )

Achieve1dream said...

So cute!! Where did your daughter find such a cutie?? I love her.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to hazard a guess and say she's part Border Collie or Cattle Dog or both. And I do kinda agree with the JRT guess as well. Good luck with her! She sure is cute!