Thursday, June 17, 2010

See these eyes so green

At the Horse Fair on Saturday, they had a Fine Arts competition. I decided to enter some of my photographs. The subject was animals. I entered these:



First thing on Saturday morning I made an online order with Walgreens Photo center to have the first two, Monkey eyes and Giraffe love, made into 8 x 10's and the fourth one, The Finger, into a 5 x 7. The third one, Terra, was already in a 5 x 7 frame on my dresser so I took it as it was. In just an hour my order was ready so I dashed over there, picked up my order, and headed to the Fair.

They allowed me to enter all four.

Guess what?

I got Third Place!! I am thrilled! I had to compete against drawings, paintings, wood crafting, pottery, other photos, wow!

Can you guess which one I placed on? Terra cat! I shouldn't have even bothered getting the other pictures developed! ;)

Cool, huh!!



See these eyes so green - song: Cat People, artist: David Bowie, album: Cat People soundtrack

6 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congratulations! The cat picture has lovely lighting.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Congratulations, on your award. I love them all but the giraffes are my favorite.

Dan and Betty said...

First and second place must have been pretty good.

Well done.

Dan

Unknown said...

Good job those are beautiful photo's.

Shirley said...

Well good for you! I really like the sleeping ape.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats! They are all good. The sleeping gorilla is my favorite, though. It's very peaceful.

~Lisa