Thursday, June 17, 2010

See these eyes so green

At the Horse Fair on Saturday, they had a Fine Arts competition. I decided to enter some of my photographs. The subject was animals. I entered these:



First thing on Saturday morning I made an online order with Walgreens Photo center to have the first two, Monkey eyes and Giraffe love, made into 8 x 10's and the fourth one, The Finger, into a 5 x 7. The third one, Terra, was already in a 5 x 7 frame on my dresser so I took it as it was. In just an hour my order was ready so I dashed over there, picked up my order, and headed to the Fair.

They allowed me to enter all four.

Guess what?

I got Third Place!! I am thrilled! I had to compete against drawings, paintings, wood crafting, pottery, other photos, wow!

Can you guess which one I placed on? Terra cat! I shouldn't have even bothered getting the other pictures developed! ;)

Cool, huh!!



See these eyes so green - song: Cat People, artist: David Bowie, album: Cat People soundtrack

6 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congratulations! The cat picture has lovely lighting.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Congratulations, on your award. I love them all but the giraffes are my favorite.

Dan and Betty Cooksey said...

First and second place must have been pretty good.

Well done.

Dan

Sydney_bitless said...

Good job those are beautiful photo's.

Shirley said...

Well good for you! I really like the sleeping ape.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats! They are all good. The sleeping gorilla is my favorite, though. It's very peaceful.

~Lisa