Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Stills (07-03-11 4th of July)

This week's Sunday Stills subject is the 4th of July (which is actually tomorrow). A few of these photos were taken yesterday when I drove to the 4th of July Campgrounds yesterday which were closed due to extreme fire danger. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the sign which was my original intention.

You can see how hazy our air is around here from the wildfires burning all around Arizona and New Mexico.

The following photos of American symbols of freedom were taken last year on a road trip to Truth or Consequences.


I love these patriotic tractors, don't you?

Happy 4th of July!!!

For more Sunday Stills, please visit here.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like patriotism is alive and well in your neck of the woods! The second photo makes me want to walk over and pick up the flag that's touching the ground. The eagle with the sun behind it is a nice photo.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Good photos all. I especially like that eagle statue with the light behind it. Cool!
And I remember those tractors. Seems like yesterday. Good times :)

~Lisa

Dan and Betty said...

Very nice. Well done.

Dan

Achieve1dream said...

Regarding your question about Chrome. He was with his mom and four or five other horses until he was five months old. When I brought him home he was with our filly Galaxy for a couple of months, but then she tried to break Chrome's jaw and tried to kick me several times so we found her a home with someone who had more time for her and more experience with kickers. Other than that Chrome has always had Zeppelin. No other horses, just his trusty donkey. :)

Also Faran is the first horse he's met up close and personal since his hormones kicked in so that makes things interesting. We have the money put back to get him gelded in the fall as soon as the flies disappear. I'm hoping we'll have enough to do Zeppelin too, but I'm not sure if we will. Donkeys are difficult to geld, especially at four years old.

Oh and I almost forgot. Great pictures! I didn't manage to take any so I won't be participating this week. Too busy. Oh well.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Shirley, it's not actually touching the ground. it just appears that way,

Ed said...

Love the eagle pic and the statue of liberty..:-)

Just Ramblin' said...

Very cool...the tractors : )

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Great ideas. Eagles and Statue of Liberty.