Saturday, March 10, 2012

Scottsdale 2012, part 5

Warning- lots and lots of photos ahead.

Here's some more of the highway art in Phoenix. Isn't the lizard neat?

We decided to go home through Payson to Williams instead of straight up through Flagstaff. This gave us a chance to visit Old Town Scottsdale


and do a little window shopping in the art district.









This handsome flute player was to be auctioned off, bids starting at $40,000. 


I wonder where exactly in the Southwest this is located? I would love to go see it.

I think this is Zane Grey because he has a book in his hand.


Nowadays, you can park your horsepower in the Parking Corral

and stop in at the Rusty Spur to wet your whistle. No firearms allowed. 

This is the old Cavalliere Blacksmith shop, now a welding shop, and not at all close to the bench shown in a previous photo.







I couldn't resist going up this spiral staircase.

Here's proof that I went up to the top.


This is a veiw from the rooftop. Very cool! Does anyone know if this is Camelback Mountain?


I liked this little area with the leaning trees.

I'm not sure what this building was before it was a bar, the schoolhouse, perhaps?

Too soon, we had to get back on the road and head for home.

More to come...

4 comments:

Mikey said...

Love old town Scottsdale! So pretty. People still ride there horses thru town too.
The mountain sure does look like Camelback, and the other picture I think is Bryce National Park, up north. Gorgeous!!!

Dan and Betty said...

Great photos. I agree with Mikey. The picture is definitely from one of the Southern Utah national parks. I'll bow to his belief that it's Bryce.

Dan

Reddunappy said...

Beautiful country down there!!

Achieve1dream said...

Awesome!! I love all of the statues. So cool! And the horse/buggy parking. So cool!!! I want to live somewhere like that. :D

They have the wall art in Florida too. I had fun trying to get pictures of it.