Thursday, October 23, 2008

He rides and he rides

Here are some recent photos of Scout and I. This is my new German silver, sweet iron, snaffle bit. Isn't it pretty? It's heavy and I've found that it helps give his head and neck a nice flex. He's got 1/4 Arab blood. I have to use a noseband and tiedown on Scout because sometimes he throws his head too high. I certainly don't want a bloody lip but I like to keep it loose for normal riding.

It's interesting to see what's on the other side of the fence. I'm riding in my neighbor's field.Meanwhile, Annie is snoozing along the fenceline.



He rides and he rides - artist: Iggy Pop, song: The Passenger, album: Lust for Life


3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

You look so happy while riding Scout, Val. In fact I think you always have a wonderful look of pure joy whenever you are riding your horses. It makes me smile, too, seeing you so happy :)

Scout's bridle is amazing! It gives him such a fancy western horse look. I like it :)

If it's nice on Saturday, let's go riding after your eye appt, ok?

I'll take up your offer to go to church with you on Sunday and then we can head to Santa Fe for letterboxing, if you'd like?

I hope you were able to get your forms filled out when we got back Friday :O


~Lisa

Fantastyk Voyager said...

thanks for all your wonderful comments!
yes- ride Saturday
yes- church and Santa Fe
and unfortunately- no! they closed down at 4.

Unknown said...

I finally wrote my ghost story and posted my ghost image. If you like the ghosty picture by Emonic, please message him by one of the links on my blgo and let him know you like it. He was kind enough to let me use it.