Friday, October 31, 2008

It's the angel-man

I've been tagged for the Online Book Club!
Here are the rules:
1) Grab the nearest book.
2) Open the book to page 56.
3) Find the fifth sentence.
4) Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
5) Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one --pick the closest.
6) Tag five people to do the same.!

Well, since I always have a stack of books nearby, here goes:

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
"This particle accelerator," Langdon said quietly. "It's down this tunnel someplace?"
"That's it there." Kohler motioned to his left where a polished, chrome tube ran along the tunnel's inner wall.
Langdon eyed the tube, confused. "That's the accelerator?" The device looked nothing like he had imagined. It was perfectly straight, about three feet in diameter, and extended horizontally the visible length of the tunnel before disappearing into the darkness. Looks more like a high-tech sewer, Langdon thought. "I thought particle accelerators were circular."
This accelerator is a circle," Kohler said. It appears straight but that is an optical illusion. The circumference of this tunnel is so large that the curve is imperceptible--like that of the earth."


Since I'm only on page 32 I have no idea what this is about...

My other books are history and Sociology textbooks and I didn't think they should count. I finished the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck last week and I am beginning to read the Rumor of War now too.

I will not tag anyone but I'd love for others to play along and comment here with a link.

It's the angel-man - song: I'm deranged, artist: David Bowie, album: Outside

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow, such a complicated, detailed book. You seem to always be reading intellectual genre.
Do you ever read anything light-hearted or do the other books just seem to hold your interest better?

~Lisa