Wednesday, December 31, 2008

loves chimney stacks

I like to have a nice toasty fire like this one
in my wood stove. It keeps us warm on cold days. But chimney fires are a potential hazard. Chimneys need to be cleaned regularly to remove the creosote buildup.

Today dawned nice and sunny, and moderately warm, so I decided it was a perfect day to clean our chimney. Instead of lighting a fire in our wood stove, my son, Trevor, and I got out the chimney cleaning kit.
My son climbed on the roof and fed the brush down the chimney while I anxiously watched from the ground.
It only took about ten minutes! This brown pile is what fell down the chimney. YUK!!!
We celebrated a job well done with a couple of bottles of beer. Erm, IBC root beer. What'd ya think??
Buddha decided to join us.

while the horses lazed in their fields.

Loves Chimney Stacks - song: Jean Genie, artist: David Bowie, album: Aladdin Sane

3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! And I was just starting to think, "My, how relaxed Val has become" "What a cool Mom!" (giggle)

Good for the two of you getting that unpleasant task done. Glad it was so quick, too.

It made me smile seeing my mare laying there by the fence all cozy and dirty. hehe

~Lisa

Andrea said...

What a great guy to climb up there and clean that chimney!! It looks like a chore, but it only took 10 minutes?? !! I am impressed. And I love IBC root beer, it's my favorite!!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

He's good for doing chores although I have to keep asking.
The hardest part was getting the ladder out and then assembling the long brush. The ladder is STILL laying outside.