- I am allergic to shopping. Well, actually, not an allergy, just a secondary reaction, they call it. (See 5 for more details.) Whenever I go shopping in malls, I take a tylenol first because I get a tremendous headache and itchy, watery eyes. I think it is from all the different smells and sizings of the clothes. But I love the smells, especially in the bath shops!
- I always print except for my signature. We moved when I was in third grade and learning to write cursive. I missed a few lessons because the new school was already writing cursive. I caught on and wrote in school when I had to, but to this day I feel uncomfortable writing in cursive. I also write larger than most people. (Is that because I can't see well, I wonder?)
- I began wearing glasses in fourth grade. When I got a job I bought contacts because I always hated my glasses. For many years now, I've hated contacts too. I always had the gas permeable ones but they got deposit build up all the time and I couldn't see very well. It got to where I was only wearing one. That way I could always see SOMETHING while I was driving because they always fogged up on me in stressful situations. Although, sometimes, I could get up in the morning and see perfectly for a while without any contacts. My doctor said it was from the pressure of the hard lenses against the cornea. In recent years, I tried soft lenses and they were worse. So, this year, I went and got glasses! No more blurring of contacts. Now I can see! However, I still have one lens stronger than the other-monovision-so that I can see far or read without changing my glasses. That stems from my one contact days. But, I don't have to wear bifocals! yay!
- When I was a little girl I had platinum blond hair and it was straight. Then my hair turned brown. As a teenager I had hair down to my waist. Then I finally cut it in my early twenties and I have NEVER had hair longer than shoulder length since. After I cut it I used to get these ghastly curly perms which always turned my hair frizzy until I realized that my hair was naturally curly. Now I just go with it and cut it in layers to make it curly. Haircutters always ask me if my hair has been permed.
- I am allergic to dogs and horses! I took allergy tests and then shots for a while until I had a huge allergic reaction (long story-another time, perhaps) but it turns out that I am allergic to dogs and horses, ragweed, juniper, mulberry trees, and dust. I don't have too many symptoms anymore that a tylenol can't cure. When I go skiing my nose just drips and my eyes burn, because that is when the junipers are pollinating. I also try to take tylenol for shopping trips. My doctor explained that although I have certain allergens, other things can give allergic reactions, like shopping and second hand smoke. When I used to go to bars, or anyplace with cigarette smoke, I would wake up the next morning with a huge hangover, even if I never drank.
- I decided a long time ago not to let life pass me by. I want to be all I can be. If there is an opportunity to go somewhere or do something, I jump at the chance. I'm always up for new adventures. Change is Good!
Tell Me - song: Somebody up there likes me, artist: David Bowie, album: Young Americans