My laptop has been having terrible issues this year. This will be the fourth or fifth cord to be replaced since last January. The first year I had it, all was great. But now, in the second year, the cord keeps quitting out. At first we thought it was power surges but then we got a surge protector. Thank goodness, I have an extended warranty! I know computers aren't supposed to last more than a year or two but I went crazy and bought a four year warranty so I will be sending it back forever! However, I don't know what information I will lose. I pulled the hard drive unto a portable hard drive using my son's computer but there are problems with recalling the information now. And my laptop has zero power so I can't get anything from it. I need to send it in for repairs but it will come back with an erased hard drive so I'm reluctant to send it out yet until I can collect all the info.
Anyway, what a happy day Christmas was. My son really surprised me! He is twenty two and, yes, they really do grow up into fine, caring, young people! Of course, he will also benefit from this because he is looking for a job working from the house and needs a good computer. I am elated because when I get my laptop back it will be all MINE! My teenage son will NOT be playing his games on it.
Although we had a "smaller than usual" Christmas we still had a fantastyk one! I got horse books from my Mom:
- Feeding your Horse for Life (Diane Morgan)- This is a rather interesting book all about feed and nutrients. Did you know that the horse' s small intestine is 72 feet long?? I guess that's why it's so easy for them to twist while rolling when colicking. The esophagus is 5 feet long! That's why they can't burp or throw up. Humans and horses are the only animals with sweat glands on their bodies. And horses are made up of 70% water. And that's only the first two chapters!
- Know Your Horse Inside Out (Sarah Fisher)- This looks like an interesting guide on conformation and personality and how to work with your horse to improve posture and behavior.
- Educating the Young Horse (The Thinking Trainer's Guide) (Julian Westall)- This book tells how to analyse horse behavior and modify training methods to get a well-rounded, happy and athletic young horse. I will be needing this for Annie's baby and I can certainly use it for Scout and Annie now.
I received a bottle of Obsession perfume from my daughter (!) and a pumice stone for my poor cracked, calloused heels. I have been wearing Obsession for years and get compliments from both men and women about smelling good. :) I also got a box of Godiva chocolate from Ross and a lovely horse calendar from Lisa at LaughingOrcaRanch. What a Christmas! ! Also, Lisa gave me a handmade knit hat and muffler set a few weeks ago. I just love it! It's made with Alpaca, Camel, and Mohair and is so soft!! And, before her accident, she baked a bunch of cookies and shared them with my family in a beautiful little tin (I collect tins!).
On Christmas Eve day, my mother, son, and I went to town for a green chili cheeseburger from the Owl Cafe in ABQ for lunch (yummy) and then I rode with my neighbor Lisa in the snow. We had a wonderful little ride until her accident, poor thing!
Then my two sons, my mother, and I went to a candlelight service at our church. We enjoyed singing the traditional Christmas carols and seeing the Christmas lights on the way home. It's extra special when there is snow on the ground!
We had roast beef and pan roasted potatoes for Christmas Day and for dessert, my favorite! Bush Noel, or Yule Log which is a frozen sponge cake roll with lots of chocolate frosting and mocha creme filling! I threw on some of my holly cookies for decoration. Yummy!!!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter
- 28 to 32 large marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 & 1/2 tsps green food coloring
- 4 & 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal
- red hot candies
I hope everyone had as nice a holiday as I did and may this year bring all good things!
Our Finest Gifts - song: Little Drummer Boy, artist: David Bowie, Merrie Olde Christmas TV Special with Bing Crosby