Sunday, January 11, 2009

Far above the Moon

The moon has been full the last few nights. Very cool.
At last, I got to see the movie, Appaloosa! It was filmed in New Mexico! However, I was rather disappointed. There are no Appaloosa horses in the movie! It's the name of the town- who would of thought?

The filming was great but the story was ho hum. Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen were very good as hired marshalls, as was Jeremy Irons, the bad rancher, however I did not like Renee Zellweger, the widow woman, at all. There was some nice riding by Viggo and Ed and all the rest. I found it interesting that they added a pack horse in many of the scenes. I especially liked seeing the 6 horse hitch- very unusual! The scenery was awesome, although I may be a tad bit biased. I wish I had known when they were filming here, because I would have loved being an extra. ;)


Far above the Moon - song: Space Oddity, artist: David Bowie, album: Space Oddity

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like this one should be down near the bottom of my Netfilx que.

I remember watching 'The Appaloosa' on TV when I was young. I decided to have a crush on John Saxon. Marlon Brando was also in it. It was made in '66 in UT and CA, not NM, and really did have an appaloosa in it!

It was a pretty good movie. I have seen it more than once. It drives my 12 year old nuts that I can watch old movies. To him, and old movie is any move made in the 20th century!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Yeah, the Appaloosa in that movie was a gorgeous black one if I remember right. That's kind of what I was expecting.

DayPhoto said...

Thanks for the run down on the show.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

The Wades said...

I think we'll have to check it out. Good thing we won't be paying full price.

I read about your husband dying on Dan's blog. I just wanted you to know that I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine how terrible that was/is for you! Hugs.

Melanie said...

Ahhhhh...I could look at Viggo Mortensen all day!! He is quite handsome in that rugged, all male way...lol!!!

I think that it is cool that you rode before breakfast. I am sure that Scout was wondering what the heck you were up to, but at least he cooperated! :)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Melanie, I want to meet Viggo. That's why I was so disappointed when I found out they filmed Appaloosa here and I didn't know about it.
He looked too thin in this movie, not at his best. But still...