Saturday, September 5, 2009

One year ago today

This post is from one year ago today.

Sigh! Must we get older?

Update: yesterday, I began my day with steak and eggs, smothered in green chili. Then my two sons, Trevor and Ross, and Ross's girlfriend took me to the movies. We saw Bandslam. I've been wanting to see it for a while now. I had to laugh when the first words in the movie were, "Dear David Bowie!" My kids know how obsessed I am about db. It was pretty good. It was about high school kids forming a band for a battle of the bands. I think everyone enjoyed it. Especially Trevor since he's in a band, more about that later. ;)

My daughter, Sheila, joined us after the movie and we went to the Route 66 Diner for some ice cream. Ross and Elisabeth

We ordered 3 banana splits between the 5 of us and couldn't finish them! WOW!
Plus, Sheila brought me flowers . Aren't they gorgeous?

Later, I took Trevor for a haircut and the young girl cutting his hair asked me if I was his grandmother!!!!! As if!! She also asked for help from the other haircutter in shaving him for a mohawk so I can only chalk it up to being young, inexperienced, and ignorant.

Later we had a spaghetti dinner (but nobody was even hungry!) and I opened a few gifts. I got a lovely turquoise and bead necklace and bracelet set from my mom and a car cover for my Infiniti FX45 from Ross.

Besides feeling older, it was a pretty good day.

Today, we are supposed to go hiking but it rained/poured last night and I think the trails will be all muddy.

9 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Happy Birthday !Have a wonderful day

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Thank you!

I'm looking forward to spending the day with my kids!

Dan and Betty said...

Happy Birthday good friend. Besides your kids, go out and hug that beautiful foal of yours.

Betty and I took two balloon rides years ago -- one in Colorado and one in Ohio -- both with our sons and their wives. We loved every minute of it.

Your pictures were awesome.

Dan

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Happy Birthday! So, yours is one day after Lisa's? Mine is in ten days. I think that makes us all a bunch of nit-picky Virgos.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I missed the party..steak, eggs and green chilies, OMG my mouth is drooling. YUM. I'm diabetic so I'd have to pass on that beautiful dessert. :(

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I missed the party..steak, eggs and green chilies, OMG my mouth is drooling. YUM. I'm diabetic so I'd have to pass on that beautiful dessert. :(

allhorsestuff said...

Happy Birthday Val!
Another Blogger, from Montana day was yesterday as well!
Ha! Bad littel hairdresser asking that...she has not learned yet and iether has my nieghbor(he's a guy though....) Asked if I was "with Child" from across the street the other week...a bit horrified, I said, "UM , nope, just a bit FAT I am afraid!" Whadya do! Classic blunders people make that make us feel our mortality and such!

I loved your day and glad that the movie started out so well!
KK

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was a great day.

~Lisa

The Wades said...

Happy Late Birthday, Val!! Hope you had fun.