Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sunday Stills (6/26/11 Sepia, Black & White)

This week's Sunday Stills challenge is black and white or sepia.

New Mexico churches are timeless and photograph wonderfully in black and white.
Old cabins and trucks also come out pretty well in B & W and sepia.

What about landscapes? They always remind me of Ansel Adams, the master of B & W photography, IMHO. 

Trees?

Did you know that Saguaros are trees?

I like this shot of the foliage inside the Biosphere 2 in Tucson.
 
 
When photos don't work out so well in color, I sometimes change them to black and white. Here's Annie at liberty.






 For more Sunday Stills, please visit here.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Great pictures, I love ther first icture of Annie at liberty! I'm a bit creatively "stuck" with this weeks challenge, my subject (Fred) isn't being very cooperative either.

Anonymous said...

i think your tree photo is superb :)
and the horse shots are really lovely as well

Wander Woman said...

Nice! I really like them all!

Jen

Just Ramblin' said...

Terrific photos. The first one really grabbbed my attention and the first tree one is amazing. I have always been pulled to trees...not sure why : )

Shirley said...

I didn't know saguaros are trees. They certainly grow that way. The tree shot is lovely, and I really like the second one of Annie.

threecollie said...

Great job! They are all really nice, but that second one is a classic.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Stupendous!!!! They are all great, but the first, sixth, seventh...and all of the Annie photos are my faves...especially the one showcasing the curve of her lovely neck.

~Lisa

Oregon Equestrian said...

Wonderful photos!

My fleabitten Arabian comes out B&W even in color. ;-)

Ed said...

Great shots, especially the churck and the saguaros..:-))

Achieve1dream said...

Gorgeous neck on Annie in her second picture. These are all fantastic shots! Good job!

Unknown said...

I miss the desert

Esther Garvi said...

What a stunning picture of Annie!!

Horses Are Our Lives said...

I like the black and white windmill shot. The tree is awesome!

picturesbybrenda.blogspot.com

Lori Skoog said...

Love those last three shots of Annie...she is beautiful. I had fun with the black and white too. Don't think about doing it often enough.