Thursday, December 15, 2011

Skyy...and more

Meet the new camera! I ordered a red one but I think it's more pink. Oh well, I still like it.



The Canon is much lighter than my last camera and it powers up fast. I can drive down the highway and click! Here are the Sandia Mountains from the northern end of town. Not very good, but not too bad either, considering I was driving over 70 mph (legal for that stretch of road) and the sky was hazy, with early morning light. Notice the blur in the foreground as I whiz past the sagebrush.

One of the features I've fallen in love with is the "kids and pets" mode. It locks on to the subject and cuts the blur out of most animal photos. I'm really looking forward to having a photo shoot with my horses on the run. It's been great for Skyy who is constantly in motion until she falls into her deep puppy sleeps. Notice all the different toys in the photos. She plays with a new toy every ten minutes.



Ouch, those nails really need to get cut again!
 It's not all about the camera, although it does help me get better photos. Hopefully, I can do it justice now with some good camera shots. Just bear with me as I learn with my new toy, okay?





8 comments:

Shirley said...

I think Skyy is going to be a camera hog- looks like she loves getting her photo taken.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congrats on your new toy! It is interesting how cameras can be so different.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Every good dog...and human, deserves a new, fun toy to play with.

~Lisa

Dan and Betty said...

I think you're off to a good start. Looking forward to more.

Dan

Leah Fry said...

I will if you will. Loving my new one as well. Have fun!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great shots! and Skye is a cutie!

Mary said...

The kids and pets feature is really neat. I can't wait to see the action shots you will be showing! fun stuff!

Achieve1dream said...

Those are awesome!! And Skyy is so cute! :D