Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sunday Stills (01-08-12 light painting)

For this week's Sunday Stills challenge, Ed suggested  playing with the camera settings and taking photos in the dark to get strange light pictures. I tried, but it didn't go so well. I have some wonderful pictures of last year's Christmas lights on my desktop computer but it's packed away, so I thought I'd share these from the other night. I pointed into the dark and snapped. I have no idea what the little circles are. Cosmic dust? Aliens? or plain barn dust? Cripes! No, it is not snowing.

If only I could photo shop this picture to be a little clearer. It would be a really neat one of Yalla! with her tail flipped up over her back. I'm including it anyway because of her bright, round, "moon" eye. 

Here's some more of those sky dots. And no, the camera lens was not dirty. I would have said they were stars, but they're all over the place. 
I did manage this shot, however. I think it looks like a family of monkeys, off center towards the right. Don't you agree?

I was actually trying to get a picture of Annie but I think she ducked down in the previous photo when the camera snapped. This one was more successful.

This is my walk back to the house with the full moon in the background. There is still a lot of snow left from the storm we had over two weeks ago. It's some strange weather we're having, for sure!

For more Sunday Stills, please visit here.

Lol- this post went up early. I woke up Friday morning with the room spinning. Went to the doctor and she gave me some antibiotics and said it was caused from sinus. Must have affected my brain because I completely forgot what day it was.

8 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

The spots are most likely dust particles reflecting the flash. Actually, the shot of Annie is my favorite and she did you a favor by ducking down. Now the focus is clearly on her eyes and ears.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

as a teacher, I say it is good you tried, I did not try. I cheated.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Dust particles sound plausible. Made for some interesting pics :-D

Ed said...

Well done..:-)

Denise said...

Love the cosmic particle idea. I once dropped a camera and ended up getting pics like that.I like the last shot best, you've captured the cold well.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

cool shots

Just Ramblin' said...

Interesting captures. The one of Annie is wonderful. : )

Achieve1dream said...

Yep I get dust particles in my pictures at night with the flash too lol. I like them. The one of Yalla is really cool!

Hope you're feeling better.