Monday, March 16, 2009

Tumbling from the heights

Every single day, on his way out of the barn, Scout snatches a bite from the haystack. I yell at him but it doesn't stop him from grabbing and pulling on the run. He is succeeding on pulling a lower bale out. Now, I am worried about the stack falling down. As you can see, he's even pulled off the hay strings. Arrgh! The way the bales are crisscrossed, I'll have to restack just about all the hay because that upper bale is tucked in. I keep piling buckets and wheelbarrows in front but he has still managed to wreck the haystack. Gagh!

Tumbling from the heights - song: Province, artist: TV On the Radio with David Bowie, album: Return to Cookie Mountain

3 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Val, that's an interesting problem. I assume there are no alternatives to the path he takes to leave the barn or any other place to stack the hay. He needs to have something that causes him to change his mind that it's a good thing to do this. You could stand there every single time, but that's probably not a viable solution. You could put a mouse trap close to where he bites to scare him, but I don't know if that's a good idea. We don't want to do anything to hurt him.

You have an interesting challenge to change his behavior - or to live with it.

In any case, happy stacking!

Dan

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I guess he won. I ended up pulling about five bales down. At least, I'll use them in the next week or two.

The Wades said...

Sounds like a turkey! I guess it's not only children that can be rotten. :)