Thursday, March 5, 2009

You've got crazy legs

I went over and visited with "Rapunzel" (Lisa) in her tower after we ran the horses and we looked at the photos we took. We each took over 70 pictures! Oh my! A lot of them were discards but some of them actually came out quite interesting! There was a lot of dust blowing in the arena and, with the sun setting, a lot of them came out gray and hazy. I think this photo has to be the picture of the day. Annie is really a gazelle in disguise!

This one's crazy too.
And I love this action shot! Doesn't she look athletic?
Then we began watching YouTube videos. As usual, I overstayed, until after 10:00! But we always have so much fun together! We saw all these videos of puissance wall jumping. Puissance means high jump.



Now, imagine jumping sidesaddle!


Or, how about bareback!! I believe they jump 7 foot at the beginning and 7 foot 7 inches at the end. Incredible!!!



You got crazy legs - song: Velvet Goldmine, artist: David Bowie, album: Ziggy Stardust extras

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Those pictures of Annie are great!! I love her flea bitten color! I can't wait to see what her baby looks like. Who did you breed her to?

And HOLY COW!! That last man in that video jumping the wall bareback, he is awesome. His legs are so great. He has better position than most riders with a saddle. His two point position is amazing!!

You Tube is so fun to watch!!

jane augenstein said...

WOW.....great pictures of Annie, love mid air shots!!

HOLY MOLY!!! Sidesaddle jumping is way awesome but the bare back jumping, UNBELIEVABLE!!! Great horse and GREAT rider....I would have a heart attack just looking at the jump....H U G E!!!!
Great videos, great pictures!!!

Melanie said...

Look at you gals out there having a good time!!! And I love the landscape shot of all your ponies running that is below this comment section!!

So I already left my comment over on Lisa's blog about your horses, but look at those bareback jumpers!!! My sister jumps bareback a lot, and I sometimes will...but not 10 feet high...lol!!! Talk about the importance of "close contact!!!"

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I am amazed at the horsemanship of those riders. Jumping any height intimidates me although I have managed about three foot.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Those photos truly are crazy! Well done, Fiona!

And thanks for always sharing something new and interesting with me. That Puissant jumping blew me away...especially the bareback video. Wow!

~Rapunzle

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Rapunzel/Lisa,

The other night, your reactions and gasps at the jumping videos made me chuckle a lot.

I could only dream to ride like that.

The Wades said...

I didn't even know people still rode side saddle let along jumped like that!! Horses are such amazing animals.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Arabians are shown in both western and English sidesaddle, as different classes.

Pony Girl said...

What fun, I can just see you and Lisa hangin' out in her tower and watching videos! They are addictive, eh?
Those pics of Annie are really great. When is she due?
I really like your Paint/Appy's coloring, by the way. So unique! :)