Saturday, April 10, 2010

And they turn

I spent the afternoon with the horses today. I groomed them and then chased them. They all really enjoyed running.
Notice I finally got all the clay beads out of Annie's mane? Now if I could only wash it. Maybe tomorrow...



Then I rode Nadia bareback and ponied Yalla! She was reluctant at first, stopping and balking, so I had to bring along the long whip. A tap on her backside every time she'd stop and she decided to come along properly soon enough. We went around quite a few times and when I got off, my legs were white with horse hair.

Here's Annie in her "show" trot.



And they turn - song: Amsterdam, artist: David Bowie

9 comments:

Gail said...

Looks like someone is feeling good.

I had a few high tails around here today too.

Unknown said...

I know how the white seat after riding goes.

Paint Girl said...

What a wonderful play day!!
The joy of running horses!
I think Chance will be a grulla, like her mom but maybe not as light, at least at first! She has a lot of the grulla characteristics, but I am not very familiar with the grulla color. I just can't wait until she sheds out completely!!

Tammy Vasa said...

Their tails say it all, doesn't it! I love to watch them run...

Shirley said...

Lovely photos, Yalla! is sure a beauty.

Dan and Betty said...

Very nice pictures. I agree with an earlier comment about loving to watch horses run.

Dan

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wheeee! They're having fun!
Running horses are a joy to watch :)

~Lisa

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

They look like they are having a grand time, and getting shape too.

Achieve1dream said...

I LOVE that last picture of Annie! Guess we know where Yalla! got her good looks. :) Who is Yalla!'s sire anyway?