Sunday, May 30, 2010

brakes are snarling

Last week my son was doing the brakes on my little Hyundai and he said the tires were badly worn in places and that I really needed new tires, ASAP. So, Friday, I stopped by Discount Tires to get some. Ross had looked up tires on line before I went so I already knew what I wanted, thankfully. There were the basic cheap tires at $40 each. Then there was a sale on Pirelli for $46 each with a $40 rebate. These tires were 85,000 tires as opposed to the 50,000 basic. Hello! which would you buy? So when I went to the shop, he told me he didn't have any tires my size but I could go to a larger basic tire for $54. I asked about the Pirellis. He said, "Oh yeah, those. We don't have any right now. They are a great deal though, aren't they? We can order them for you." I said okay. I mean, did I really have a choice?? ;) I had to pay at least half right away so I paid all $296 right away and he said the tires should be in on Tuesday since this weekend was a long one. Oh well, no driving my little car for a while. Then, later he called and said, "no, the tires wouldn't be in until around Thursday or Friday." Drag!

So, I already knew my Infiniti needed rotors. It's been wobbling a lot when I brake. Because I was driving it full time I decided to check that out. Over $400 dollars later, Midas got me and my Infiniti all fixed up with rotors all around and brake pads in the back.

Wow! I'm looking for a money tree. Anybody seen one?


Brakes are snarling - song: Rock n Roll Suicide, artist: David Bowie, album: TRAFOZSATSFM

3 comments:

Gail said...

I have a money plant but it just looks pretty, doesn't produce usable currency at all.

Comancheshadow said...

When it rains, it pours....You have my sympathy. My car is a 2001 Blazer SUV. It creaks like an old wagon...and rides about as stiff as a buckboard. But, the motor went out on it in October, and had to be replaced since I have no way to buy a new car. So, hopefully, it will keep on truckin'.... and I'll just buy ear plugs, so I can't hear it creak... !

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

When it rains, it pours. That stinks!
John and his friend replaced my brakes on my van just a few months ago, but the rotor was scratched on one from driving with worn out breaks for a short time.
Well, already that set of brakes is screeching and need to be replaced, too. Along with the rotors this time around, for sure.

Yep...when it rains it pours.

Too bad it isn't raining good luck and money, eh?


~Lisa