Thursday, November 11, 2010

In the '14-'18 war I went to sea

Veteran's Day is the day to remember all the veterans of our World Wars.

 It is also celebrated as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, falling on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. (Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.) from wikipedia


This video is an interesting history of Veteran's Day.


Here is a big heartfelt Thank You to all the men and women who have served in the Armed Forces of the world, especially during war times.


In the '14-'18 war I went to sea - song: Rubber Band, artist: David Bowie, album: David Bowie

2 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Good post.

Dan
Lieutenant, US Navy
1968 - 1972

DayPhoto said...

Beautiful and I think you so much!

We can never thank them enough.

Linda
htt://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com