Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Stills (11-7-10 Meal Time)

I was raised in the "three foods on a plate" club. It rounds out the meal to have a little variety- color, texture, food group; they all play a part. However, more often than not, nowadays, I serve up quick meals, often with only one or two foods because I'm the only one eating and I want to eat quick. Heck, one of my favorite suppers is a bowl of ice cream and a cut up banana (two foods!) Anyway, I really thought about it and, because Ed said no archives, this is what I had for dinner last night- Cole slaw, Cantalope, and Chicken (Country fried!). Can this Count for "C" Cuisine too?
This morning when I went to feed the horses, I realized that I serve them threefers all the time: cracked corn, c-o-b sweet feed (corn, oats, barley), and rehydrated beet pulp mash.
 Of course, I mix it all up together when I serve it to them.
Scout and Yalla! only get a little, Annie gets more, and Nadia gets a full bucket (not shown) to help keep her weight on.

Here are some of my favorite snacks: raisins, nuts, and M & Ms. Yummy!

 I like them best all mixed together and by the handful
or in my mouth! 

For more Sunday Stills, please visit here.

Sunday - song: Sunday, artist: David Bowie, album: Heathen

14 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm thinkin I like the sound of that two food dinner of yours that's not pictured, not that the pics aren't great but the sound of the ice cream just hit the spot about now. LOL

Lori Skoog said...

Whatever works for you!

Sandy Trefger said...

Ha, ha. Great Meal time photos! I'll take those M&Ms and nuts minus the raisins. :)

Anonymous said...

Your snack mix is one of my favorites. As well as the fried chicken. YUM! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Love the alliteration of your dinner. Perfect C Challenge, too. hehe! And the horses eat very well.

Funny last photo, too. Your snack blend is the best trail mix ever :)

~Lisa

Ed said...

Well done, love the trail mix and cool placemats..:-)

Crystal said...

hmm as I was doing this I was thinking my horses get three foods as well, oats, a few treats (peppermint is the favorite) and power 2000.

lytha said...

you make your own trail mix!

we sure miss those dark chocolate mnms here.

your horses are so lucky to get such fancy meals! although i really wanted to see nadia's portion. do you drain your beet pulp? how do you do that?

i'm trying to guess why you ate your dinner on a paper plate....*shrug*

my meals are almost always one-dish meals. i'm too lazy to go to the trouble to cook more than one thing. tonight it's chili. maybe i should really start thinking more about side dishes and thus being a better wife....

~lytha

Shirley said...

2 dish meals are common here; a meat dish and salad or 1 veggie, usually. I thought of doing horse food too, glad someone did.

Shirley said...

2 dish meals are common here, usually a meat and a salad or veggie. Funny last photo!

Anonymous said...

great meal, for both you and the horses! Loved the snack the best! lol

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures and I like your choice of foods - especially the ice cream.

Love the last pix.

Dan

Anonymous said...

those M&M's look so good right now!

Achieve1dream said...

You just reminded me I have ice cream in the freezer! Wish I had some of those M&Ms to go on top. :) Great pictures.