Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Stills (11-14-10 Coffee)

Today's Sunday Stills challenge is cups of Java and tea.

One of the hottest office "toys" around nowadays is the Keurig coffee brewer. It makes coffee one cup at a time and everyone is delighted to experiment with all the different flavors available in the little individual K-cups. All you do is fill the water reservoir and turn the machine on. Then you pick out your K-cup, place it in the machine by lifting the handle in front and PRESTO- coffee brews into your cup. Add cream and sugar and it's ready to drink.
I generally choose decaffeinated coffee but some of my favorite blends are pumpkin spice, cinnamon roll, and Kona island with a hint of coconut. The K-cups are available in Hot apple cider and all kinds of teas including chai.


 Or if I'm hankering for a cappuccino, our local quick stop gas station mini mart has a Manic Monday special- any size coffee for 79 cents. I usually get a 24 ounce caramel macchiato cappucchino topped off with some decaf. It lasts me most of the day. 
My favorite cup at home is the tall and skinny kind. I think of this one as my Christmas cup because of the colors. My cat likes it too. She always drinks my coffee with me.

I waited all week to get shots of Terra and Simba going after my coffee and it didn't happen until after I made my Sunday Stills post. Anyway, here are my coffee thieves.

Notice Buddha in the background?
 

For more Sunday Stills, please visit here


Sunday - song: Sunday, artist: David Bowie, album: Heathen

14 comments:

Gail said...

You know my favorite is the last!

Shirley said...

Ah, the age of convenience! I like my coffee percolated in my stainless steel percolator,nice and strong.

Ed said...

High tech coffee, I'll take the Circle K...:-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

haha! The last photos are so funny with the annoyed kitty expression...."My turn...share!"

~Lisa

lytha said...

almost all germans have those "pad coffee" (nespsresso) machines. they do make great coffee but...

i LOVE circle K specials! omgosh, so yummy, so much, for so few pennies.

you can only find tiny coffees here, and for over a euro. recently i went off on a convenience store owner, "Is THAT all I get!??!?!? for a Euro!? It didn't even fill the dixie cup!"

germans believe the best way to enjoy coffee is in very very small amounts.

can't wait til dec 15 when i arrive in america and head to the corner circle k machine!

Dan and Betty Cooksey said...

Cute pictures. My two favorite coffees are found at Satellite and Bad Ass coffee shops.

I'm partial to Mochas with no whip cream.

Dan

jme said...

i love those coffee makers so much i got one for home too!

juliette said...

Your kitties waiting for their turn for coffee is adorable!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Loved the shots with the thieves..way cool:)

picturesbybrenda said...

that is quite a selection! Love the Christmas mug!

picturesbybrenda said...

quite a selection! Fun Christmas mug!

allhorsestuff said...

Too Cute Val!
Your kitties see funny. Loved your colorful, striped mug too.
24 ounces of anything...would last me into the next day. Woo.

3 years ago, while I was in a private home boarding situation, the gal had one of those...she also had 4 Friesians....she loved it, me...I like my coffee- to stand a spoon in....Black, 3 SHOTS!

achieve1dream said...

That is too cute! Silly cats.

That coffee maker is cool. My husband needs one of those.

Ann said...

I think they like your coffee breathe, and they had found the way to reciprocate.