Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Stills (11-14-10 Coffee)

Today's Sunday Stills challenge is cups of Java and tea.

One of the hottest office "toys" around nowadays is the Keurig coffee brewer. It makes coffee one cup at a time and everyone is delighted to experiment with all the different flavors available in the little individual K-cups. All you do is fill the water reservoir and turn the machine on. Then you pick out your K-cup, place it in the machine by lifting the handle in front and PRESTO- coffee brews into your cup. Add cream and sugar and it's ready to drink.
I generally choose decaffeinated coffee but some of my favorite blends are pumpkin spice, cinnamon roll, and Kona island with a hint of coconut. The K-cups are available in Hot apple cider and all kinds of teas including chai.


 Or if I'm hankering for a cappuccino, our local quick stop gas station mini mart has a Manic Monday special- any size coffee for 79 cents. I usually get a 24 ounce caramel macchiato cappucchino topped off with some decaf. It lasts me most of the day. 
My favorite cup at home is the tall and skinny kind. I think of this one as my Christmas cup because of the colors. My cat likes it too. She always drinks my coffee with me.

I waited all week to get shots of Terra and Simba going after my coffee and it didn't happen until after I made my Sunday Stills post. Anyway, here are my coffee thieves.

Notice Buddha in the background?
 

For more Sunday Stills, please visit here


Sunday - song: Sunday, artist: David Bowie, album: Heathen

14 comments:

Gail said...

You know my favorite is the last!

Shirley said...

Ah, the age of convenience! I like my coffee percolated in my stainless steel percolator,nice and strong.

Ed said...

High tech coffee, I'll take the Circle K...:-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

haha! The last photos are so funny with the annoyed kitty expression...."My turn...share!"

~Lisa

lytha said...

almost all germans have those "pad coffee" (nespsresso) machines. they do make great coffee but...

i LOVE circle K specials! omgosh, so yummy, so much, for so few pennies.

you can only find tiny coffees here, and for over a euro. recently i went off on a convenience store owner, "Is THAT all I get!??!?!? for a Euro!? It didn't even fill the dixie cup!"

germans believe the best way to enjoy coffee is in very very small amounts.

can't wait til dec 15 when i arrive in america and head to the corner circle k machine!

Dan and Betty said...

Cute pictures. My two favorite coffees are found at Satellite and Bad Ass coffee shops.

I'm partial to Mochas with no whip cream.

Dan

jme said...

i love those coffee makers so much i got one for home too!

juliette said...

Your kitties waiting for their turn for coffee is adorable!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Loved the shots with the thieves..way cool:)

Anonymous said...

that is quite a selection! Love the Christmas mug!

Anonymous said...

quite a selection! Fun Christmas mug!

allhorsestuff said...

Too Cute Val!
Your kitties see funny. Loved your colorful, striped mug too.
24 ounces of anything...would last me into the next day. Woo.

3 years ago, while I was in a private home boarding situation, the gal had one of those...she also had 4 Friesians....she loved it, me...I like my coffee- to stand a spoon in....Black, 3 SHOTS!

Achieve1dream said...

That is too cute! Silly cats.

That coffee maker is cool. My husband needs one of those.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I think they like your coffee breathe, and they had found the way to reciprocate.