Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Double up in pain- I'm on my knees

Here are some pictures of my knee today, four days after I injured it. I know, knees are ugly anyway, and I certainly don't have good looking ones under normal circumstances. The interesting thing is that on Saturday, the swelling was on the bottom inside of my right knee (left in photo) but now the swelling is all around, and especially, above the knee.I have been doing some research on my knee and I think it is sprained-well, I hope it is sprained, rather than ligament damage. I use a wrap and can walk on it, sort of, and it doesn't hurt much overall, which surprises me because most of the time my injuries throb day and night. I find it hard to start walking, even my calf muscle hurts, but I can get into a sort of rhythm after a few steps. I do have a strange "tight" sensation around my entire leg, like someone left a blood pressure cuff on my leg, even without the wrap. Anyway, I am trying to be careful not to make it any worse than it is but it is so hard to go feed the horses with the uneven (muddy, icy) ground out by the barn. I can't wait for my leg to get better. A friend was talking about going hiking and I pipped up, "I'll go with you", and then I just groaned and said, "well, maybe, someday..."


Double up in pain- I'm on my knees - song: Run, artist: Tin Machine, album: Tin Machine

9 comments:

Paint Girl said...

I am so sorry about your knee!! Injuries are not fun. I hope it isn't anything serious!!
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon - that looks like it hurts!

Unknown said...

Aww that sucks. I used to have a problem with my right knee it would randomly swell and the doctor confirmed it was "jock knee" which is a jagged knee cap. I guess it must have straitened itself out because it hasn't bothered me in a long time. Like I tell everyone else, Arnica, wonderful, magical stuff.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Knee injuries are no fun. I may have missed something along the line here, but why don't you go to the doctor and see what's shaking? This way you'll know how to treat whatever injury it is and maybe you can get some anit-inflammatory meds. Feel better.

Unknown said...

Ouch! Have you seen a Doc yet? Try to stay off it and rest!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Hope it heals quickly

Shirley said...

Just read your post on how this happened- silly girl! Have you been putting ice on it? And stay off it for a few days! If you keep aggravating it, it'll take longer to heal.

Achieve1dream said...

Yikes sorry you were injured. I hope you heal up fast.

As to your question about Two Socks . . . I'm hoping she moved him to one of her other pastures. Her lease might have run out on the land neighboring our property. I'll take a walk down there sometime and see if I can see him from the road. I'm sure he's fine though.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ouch.
Darn knee. I hope you get better soon. And I hope all the mud dries up even sooner. It'll make having to negotiate to the barn much easier.

~Lisa