Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Stills (a Day in my Life (3/28/10)

Ed, at Sunday Stills, gave us the task of describing our typical day in only four photos. Here are my selections:

Every morning I feed my horses. I have four of them. Scout is out of view along with the rest of the piles of hay. I always spread the hay out in 5 or 6 piles so that if a horse gets chased away from one pile and he/she can go on to another, kind of like musical meals.
Five days a week, I go to work here in my little office. I think working people spend more time at their workplace than they do anywhere else in their life, even sleeping. But I love my huge computer screen. It's big enough to view several full pages at a time. I usually keep the blinds open so that I can see outside although I never open the door itself.
I am always, always, always driving. I typically drive 60-80 miles or more every day. I like to drive my little Hyundai Accent, Sally, so that I can get better gas mileage, about 36-38 mpg. I go to work, school, the grocery store, movies, etc...through a long, beautiful, winding canyon down the hills to the city and up the hills home again.
My dog, Buddha, and my cat, Terra, can't wait to climb into my lap each evening as I lounge in my recliner and do homework, or watch TV. My laptop is currently out of action but here is where I like to surf the net too.
It's hard to really go into what I do in a day with only four photos but you get the idea...

Check here for more Sunday Stills.


Sunday - song: Sunday, artist: David Bowie, album: Heathen

14 comments:

Gail said...

Busy! When do you rest?

Shirley said...

I like the last photo, and got a chuckle out of the socks; only one blue toe?

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Lol, I was hoping nobody would notice! They're warm though.

Anonymous said...

Great shots. Funny how you have to separate the horses, like little kids. :)

Rising Rainbow said...

That's a lot of driving in a day!

Love the socks. They do look warm.

Beth said...

I love your day! I love the last shot, one can not just sit in a chair alone! :)

allhorsestuff said...

teehehe...that photo of your furries between your legs is a familiar one here too. We are down to one furry kitty, but she plants herself and then someone else has to do the up and about bidding!
You do drive tons..but Sally takes you safely~ nice!
KK
PS
LOVE your reflection in Yalla's eye in your header... fantastic!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love the last photo. Everyone looks so cozy. Having them there makes studying not as bad, right? :)

~Lisa

flowerweaver said...

That's my favorite shot, too. Looks like Buddha and Terra are enjoying the snuggle, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Loyal friends you have there in that last shot..you are a busy lady:)

Anonymous said...

Nice relaxing shot at the end. Looks cold, but enjoyable. Nice job.

Achieve1dream said...

I wish I'd had time to do this challenge! It would have been so much fun. I may just do a day in my life post with no photo limits just for fun. :) I love the picture of you relaxing with the dog and cat. :)

Ed said...

Great post! You nailed the challenge...:-)
p.s. Love the socks..:-)

The Wades said...

That is a lot of driving. It sounds like you enjoy it--that's great. I think I'd be tortured.

Excellent summary of your day in only four pics. I'm impressed. I was just sitting here wondering how I'd show mine.